Almost every company now has a website. However, not every company is actually able to get a customer to that website. To actually get traffic, a company must invest in SEO – Search Engine Optimization. However, SEO is a true art form and not something you can just quickly do yourself. Hence, you need to make sure that you hire an SEO company that will give you a high return on investment and that will actually make a difference to the profitability of your company.
When you search for an SEO company, you need to find someone who has the right skills and knowledge. Unfortunately, there are literally thousands of companies out there. Various factors will be of importance to you, including how much you have to spend. However, when you consider an SEO company should show a massive return on investment, cost should not be your main consideration. Let’s take a look at some things to know when choosing your SEO company.
Some Preliminary Tips
- Search in Google for the words “SEO” and your personal geographical location.
- Look in your telephone directory.
- Speak to individual companies.
- Find a company that you trust, as this will be a long-term relationship.
- Small SEO companies tend to cost less
SEOs in smaller cities may be priced significantly lower than in bigger cities like Seattle.
What a Good SEO Company Should Offer
- No guarantees. It is impossible to make promises when it comes to Google. Anyone that promises you will absolutely get that first place on Google with your chosen keyword is lying.
- They understand your goals. Every website is unique and attains to different things. An SEO company should be able to work with that.
- The focus should be on the individual pages of your website, not solely on the whole.
- They should work on page titles, which should all be unique.
- They need to work on your meta information, including meta keywords and meta descriptions and why they matter.
- They need to offer on-page elements, including H1-H6 and other content creation rules.
- They should be able to interlink the different pages within the website itself. This has to be done properly, with the correct anchor texts as well.
- They must be able to understand and apply the “nofollow” rule and how Google uses this when it comes to links.
- They should be able to use a sitemap file. They must create this file for you, understand what they can do with it and explain the purpose to you as well.
- They should have some extra marketing skills. SEO is as much about online marketing as what it is about specific content. Some skills to look for include link building, social media marketing and article marketing.
Never hire a company that you don’t fully trust. There are many online review websites that you can use to find more information about a site if you don’t want to take their word for it.