These days, more and more workplaces are choosing to employ cleaning services over having their employees undertake the tasks, as this actually helps them to save time and keeps the office looking its best. The staff employed by these services is trained to get through the space as quickly and efficiently as possible – you won’t even know they’ve been there. As with any decision that you make for your workplace, it is important that you weigh up the pros and cons of the options to ensure that you have made the right choice.
There are definitely some advantages to employing a cleaning service for your workplace, as shown by some of the points outlined below.
- Peace of Mind: You will know that your workplace is clean when you come in of a morning and will have one less nuisance to worry about. Without the added stress of trying to fit cleaning into your schedule, you will be able to get much more done.
- Saves Time: Cleaning your office, especially if it is on the larger side, will take a large amount of time. More often than not, time is a luxury that you simply cannot afford to waste on vacuuming the carpet and scrubbing down the toilets.
- Improved Productivity: By scheduling regular cleaning for your office, you can ensure that other tasks around the workplace actually get done. Making sure that people are working to deadlines and paying them is hard enough without this.
- Special Help: When something has occurred that has made your office messier than usual (such as a flood, a fire or some other sort of disaster) a service will be able to help you sort it out. They will also have tricks for removing stubborn stains.
There are also a number of disadvantages to employing a cleaning service, and we have outlined some of them below.
- Specificity: If you are not completely specific about what you need done in your workplace, it is likely that your cleaners will not undertake tasks in the way that you want them to. This could have an impact on how satisfied you are with them.
- Expectations: At the end of the day, you shouldn’t expect too much from the service that you select. Whilst the cleaners will be thorough, they will often not undertake tasks in the way that you would personally. Don’t be too demanding, as they are busy, too.
- One Person: It is best if you try to find one person to clean your office; ask the service if they can supply you with the same person or team every week, but keep in mind that this may not always be possible. This often leads to tasks being forgotten.
Whilst there are a number of pros and cons associated with employing a cleaning service to keep your workplace in check, it is important that you weigh up all of your options before reaching a final conclusion. This will ensure that you have made the best decision for your needs and that your workplace receives the sort of thorough cleaning that you desire. If you just jump into the decision without giving it any real thought, it is likely that you will regret the service you have chosen but be stuck.